Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tessa's Butterfly Bash

I may be a tad bit behind in sharing photos from Boo's birthday but better late than never!  Tessa had requested a butterfly themed birthday and I tried to deliver as best as I could given that we had experienced a not-so-ideal birthDAY earlier in the week. 

We traveled up to the lake house for the big celebration.  My whole side of the family was there, including David’s dad from California who spent a week with us. Initially they said the weather could be questionable, but who are we kidding, it’s not like you can trust a weather report anyway.  All three days were absolutely gorgeous! 

Here is a little sneak peak via photos of the celebration.
 
Growing up my mom made all our birthday cakes and that was a tradition I wanted to continue for my kiddos.  I have made a butterfly shaped cake in the past that turned out really cute so I was planning on making a colorful one for her too.  However, Tessa wanted cupcakes instead of a cake, so we had fudge chocolate and vanilla ones to choose from complete with butterflies.

My folks are very close friends with the owners of a local bakery so I had them make up some frosted butterfly cookies.

No birthday is complete without candy so we had some gummi butterflies and a butterfly piñata full of sugary sweets.

We did a simple lunch for everyone, indulged in way to much dessert, opened presents, and spent the rest of the day playing with new toys, swimming, and boating on the beautiful lake.

 
 
 

It was a completely perfect day and little Miss had the time of her life.  Here’s to my sweet baby girl turning four years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS