Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Weekend Round-Up

I typically dread everything about Monday mornings.  Today was different and I think it had a lot to do with the fact that we had an all-around great weekend.   There were moments of downtime to relax, lots of kiddo playtime and cuddling, multiple house projects were completed, some grandma-mommy-daughter time, and we even squeezed in an adult night out on the town.  Whew – it does seem like we scrunched a lot into our two days but we have to take advantage of the hubby’s weekend “off” work. ;)
 
My Littles
Miss Tess went to her first princess party on Saturday morning.  Our local library invited Rapunzel to visit.  She read the little princesses stories, helped them make a craft project, and then everyone enjoyed some sweet cupcakes decked in purple icing and other chocolate treats.


 

Tessa was a bit timid of Rapunzel when we first walked in and a little overwhelmed at all the people that were able to fit into such a small space.  Once the story time began, she started opening up more with the group.  





Her little princess friend Madilyn was in attendance as well and it was so sweet seeing the joy on their faces during this event. 
I’ve said it once and I’m certain this won’t be the last time…I have a trivial obsession with Brady’s tiny little feet and super short and chunky legs. 




Some Of The Cutest Toes I Ever Did See
I honestly can’t get enough of this un-proportional goodness and find myself taking pictures of them way too often (insert weird mom emoji here).
I have also become extremely fond of his constant came of peek-a-boo.  I adore how he attempts to hide his entire face behind his hands and how he is completely certain that we can’t see any part of him when he does so.  It’s hard to take a photo of this child because he is the epitome of a busy-bee but I did snag these.



Awesome Hair Dude

Cocktails & Steak
As I was mentioning on Friday, the hubs and I went out for his shift Christmas party on Saturday night.  It was my first time at this restaurant (big surprise) and the whole concept was quite interesting.  We were walked up to a case where all the meat was on display.  And yes, that did bug me a bit.  We chose our steaks, chicken, or pork and were served it raw on our plates.  From there we went to a gigantic grill where we were able to season and prepare the meat ourselves.  They also had toast for us to grill, a potato bar to access, and a salad bar with all the accoutrements available to us.  Once we were done cooking, we grabbed our other desired fixin’s and went back and enjoyed our meal with everyone.


Here’s my personal opinion on this place.  The steak was ah-mazing!  I’m more of a cheeseburger girl myself; only ordering steak from a restaurant two other times that I can recall.  I may not be the best served to judge the meat but I think the consensus with everyone in attendance was that it was great.  I also think it was good entertainment to cook the food ourselves, something different.  Hubby and I even caved and had ourselves dessert. Who am I kidding, I have dessert after every meal but it was a big step for him. He claims he never needs it because he always eats enough dinner. Who said anything about needing it?


Overall, the whole experience could be summed up by saying we went to a really expensive buffet!  We had an awesome time though, and since this event is only once a year it was worth it. 


We continued our night after the meal, following everyone to a local bar for more conversation.  It was great meeting the fellow firefighters a little more and especially great visiting with the girlfriends and wives. 
A Little Time Just The Gals
My mom, Tess, and I snuck away for a couple hours yesterday for some girl time.  We didn’t have anything particular that we wanted to do so we did what any group of ladies would do and headed to the mall.  We walked around aimlessly and just had some laughs. 


I did manage to find a pair of jeans (something I have been searching to purchase for months now).  I always find what I need whenever I’m not shopping specifically for it.  Does this happen to anyone else?  When we got home we mixed up some dinner and spent the evening lounging in our pajamas and playing, with Miss Universe on in the background of course.
All in all it was a perfect little weekend.  Here’s to a fairly calm week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS