1. Our Little Town
As I’m commuting to work and stuck in traffic, I dread where we live. Yet, when I’m home; I love every single second of living in our small little town. I love the feeling of community and I can’t get enough of our backyard view of the countryside. This weekend is our town festival. Tomorrow morning the Burns four will be participating in the 5K run, rushing home to shower, and then heading back “uptown” for the parade. They have jumping houses, dog shows, princess parties, bands, and all sorts of other activities tonight and during the day tomorrow. This will be our second year attending and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward to it! Keep your fingers crossed we’re all able to finish the race!
As I’m commuting to work and stuck in traffic, I dread where we live. Yet, when I’m home; I love every single second of living in our small little town. I love the feeling of community and I can’t get enough of our backyard view of the countryside. This weekend is our town festival. Tomorrow morning the Burns four will be participating in the 5K run, rushing home to shower, and then heading back “uptown” for the parade. They have jumping houses, dog shows, princess parties, bands, and all sorts of other activities tonight and during the day tomorrow. This will be our second year attending and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward to it! Keep your fingers crossed we’re all able to finish the race!
2. Rodan & Fields
You may remember me talking about this company a few months back. I wanted some information, recommendations on products, and reviews from users. After some back and forth and figuring out what product line would be best for my needs, I finally made the leap to give it a try. I received my products this week and started using them on Wednesday. I took some “before” photos and will do an update at four or eight weeks. I typically have pretty decent skin but after hormone craziness that came with my little ones and the inevitable aging, I could stand a little help feeling comfortable with little to no make-up again.
You may remember me talking about this company a few months back. I wanted some information, recommendations on products, and reviews from users. After some back and forth and figuring out what product line would be best for my needs, I finally made the leap to give it a try. I received my products this week and started using them on Wednesday. I took some “before” photos and will do an update at four or eight weeks. I typically have pretty decent skin but after hormone craziness that came with my little ones and the inevitable aging, I could stand a little help feeling comfortable with little to no make-up again.
3. Apple Orchard
Last week I mentioned how I wanted to visit the apple
orchard as it was a tradition we started when we were living in Nebraska. The weather was gorgeous last Sunday morning
so we packed up the kids and headed about a mile down the road to visit the one
near our house. The kids had a great
time! I love this activity. For some reason it’s like an initiation to
the Fall season. We’ve been eating
apples like crazy this week (and I’ve been finishing off a pie that the hubs
purchased and forgot to take with him to Chicago – and I don’t even like pie-
or at least didn’t until now) and hope to make an apple crisp this
weekend. Here are some shots from our
adventure.
David returns from his weeklong training in Chicago
tonight. He said it’s been educational
and physically challenging, similar to his days in fire academy (minus the
shaved head, thank goodness). The hubs sent me this photo from their training on Wednesday. There's nothing like seeing your husband crawling out of a building, ha! Today they
will be doing rescues in a four story burning building-awesome. Here’s hoping everyone remains safe!
Finally, I wanted to share five of my “must haves” in my
make-up bag. These are the products I
can’t seem to live without and are definitely worth a share.
Smashbox Primer

I have been using this for years. My foundation just doesn't look right if I don't have a good base on first. I always buy the travel size (biggest bang for your buck) and you need just a tiny bit to notice a difference.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation

When David and I got engaged I started looking for a good foundation for the wedding. I stumbled across this one; not too much coverage, but enough to hide some blemishes and discoloration. I've never looked back. I use the 2.0 most of the year and the 3.0 in the summer. It's a bit more expensive but I rarely purchase more than one a year!
Cover Girl Blush

I'm pretty sure I previously blogged about this blush before. It's great for all skin tones; not too pink and not too coral. The color is called "Soft Mink" and will run you about $5 in any local drugstore.
Chanel Eye Pencil

I was at a make-up counter about a year ago and got talked into this purchase. I had never penciled in my eyebrows before. They are already pretty full and nearly jet black. However, as I've gotten older they aren't quite as full near my nose. I started using this pencil in #40 to fill in the inside of my brows. Boy, a little bit makes a difference.
Loreal Double Extend/Voluminous Mascara
Okay, I saved the best for last! I saw this trick from a few fashion/beauty bloggers and thought I would give it a whirl. After two months of consistent use I can see a difference in my lashes. The first step is to use the Double Extend Primer (you will only use the white side of the mascara wand) to coat your lashes. Just do a single coat, and then apply two coats of the Voluminous mascara. I tell you what, it's amazing. The primer has not only helped thicken and lengthen my lashes on a daily basis but I swear it has helped them grow and stay healthier.
Have a great weekend everyone!












No comments:
Post a Comment