Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Weekend Via The Camera Roll



It was a busy weekend as always but instead of focusing on plans, we threw them to the wayside and just took time to relax and have some fun...rain or shine.  The hubs worked on Saturday so the kids and I got some errands ran in the morning and spent the rest of the day going back and forth inside the house during the intermittent rain showers. 
 During a brief intermission inside, Tessa jetted off upstairs because "she had to grab something important."  Shortly there after I hear, BOOM, CRASH, CLUNK.  All I can think is what the heck just happened, how big of a mess did she just create, and of course, is she alright.  She beats me to the punch and yells downstairs "I'm okay mommy!"  Which is awesome because I had just gotten B-man down for a nap. ;)
 
A couple minutes later she is busting downstairs wearing this and says "Since I don't have rain boots, I better wear my snow boots in the puddles."  Apparently wearing snow boots goes hand in hand with a stocking hat and mittens; all while wearing shorts and a t-shirt of course.  Clearly her father's daughter on this one.
 
I saw this shirt online and knew immediately that it had to be mine.  Quite honestly, I don't know that I could describe myself better with one simple saying.  The struggle is real on both these avenues of my life. 
 Saturday night we ventured over to our neighbor's house for dinner.  It was so nice having some company other than the littles to talk to and the extra play time for the kids was even bteter.  Both little ones crashed a bit earlier than usual which gave me some needed mommy time.
 
I was hoping David would be off on time on Sunday as it was our only weekend day with him and the weather was forcasted to be gorgeous!  Unfortunately, it was close to 10am before he got home.  Nevertheless, we got ourselves ready for a day of play outside.  Right before we left to leave the house, the hubs changed Brady only to notice he was suffering from a severe allergic reaction.  We had just gotten him dressed, applied his usual lotions and creams approximately 25 minutes before we left and there was no rash to speak of.  We are still puzzled by what caused this.  It's so frustrating, especially when he scratches and points to these areas saying "ou-ee." 
Don't Mind The Butt-Crack - Little Man Was Trying To Run Away Something Fierce
After some Benadryl, snacks, and our third "double-check" that we had everything we needed, we got in the car and headed out.  We ventured to a nearby lake.  We figured since we couldn't be in Okoboji that we would go to our next best option.
The horrifying aspect of traveling the ten miles or so to Saylorville Lake is the fact that we have to cross a mile long bridge to get there.  This takes nearly all my energy for the day with my extreme anxiety about bridges.  Horrific thoughts go through my mind of the bridge collapsing each and every time we cross.  I have to put my windows down, close my eyes (peeking every so often to see how close we are to land), and take a few huge breathes and gather myself once we cross.  It's ridiculous, I know; I'm working on it.
See, Scary Huh?
That night Mr. B and daddy had a talk on the stairs.  This is where our kiddos go when they need some time to think about their actions.  It was Brady's first time on the stairs, and even though he is a bit little for this - he realized more than we thought he would that he was in trouble.  Maybe it's from watching big sis. ;)  Anyway, my children are monkeys and this only continues to hold true as Brady climbed his way up our oven.  He put his foot on the bottom drawer and grabbed on to the gas top bars to pull himself up the stove.  We watched the whole moment happen and were there to pull him down safety.  We will need to be even more cautious cooking now. 
The Big Brown Eyes Get Me Every Time - Even When He's A Little Stinker

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS