Friday, February 6, 2015

5 on Friday

1. Secret To Great Hair?

In 2010 I was diagnosed with thyroid disease. I was put on medicine to regulate my TSH levels and only a few short months later I became pregnant with Tess. You'd think with the medication and prenatal vitamins I would have had beautiful, thick hair. Quite the contrary actually; I was a sick little lady for many weeks and lost a good amount of my hair. Looking back at some photos from Christmas that year you can see a bald spot on my left temple and near my part line. No gal should have to deal with that! It has grown in alright since then, but I would love to have some fullness again. I've done a lot of reading and research and decided that I'm going to give Biotin a try. Are there any ladies out there using this?
 
2. The Winter Struggle
If you're living in a cold weather climate you can probably relate to this one. 
Even though the "new year, new you" propaganda is everywhere encouraging a healthy lifestyle, I have a major struggle with being motivated in these temperatures. Why workout when you can snuggle in comfy clothes all night and hibernate with movies? And don't get me started on the Valentines day candy that keeps finding a way into my grocery carts! I can blame the kids, right?
 
3. Pitch Perfect 2

Who else out there is counting down the days until this movie comes out? The hubs and I threw in the original video last night. Even though we know each line and every scene, we still laugh our butts off! 

I love the acapella music, the characters, and the lines of humor. This will always be an all time favorite flick for me.

 If you're in my neck of the woods, I suggest we start planning a theatre date now!
 
4. To Upgrade Or Not?

I am due for an upgrade on my phone. Right now I have the Apple iPhone 4S. I know, I know...an oldie. Truth be told, I love my phone. The only area that needs improvement is the camera. While I am anxious for the new iPhone for better pictures, I'm having a hard time committing to the larger size. I always seem to throw my phone in my back packet or in my bra. Yep, the truth comes out. Hey, sometimes you just don't have an extra hand, or pocket for that matter. A larger phone may throw a wrench in my current practices. So, iPhone owners out there-what are your thoughts? Take the plunge or stay with what I've got?
 
5. Amen To The Weekend
I don't know about the rest of you, but this is the happiest I've been in a long time about seeing the weekend. It was a rough week for me and the littles. The hubs was gone Tuesday and Wednesday with work. Coincidentally this is when we got our second blast of snow. I don't know if you saw my Insta post from last weekend but we received approximately 10 inches of snow from Saturday night to Sunday (while the hubs was at work). We didn't invest in a snowblower this season as we used to live in an association. While the kids napped, I spent an hour and a half shoveling mountains of snow up to my boobs. Talk about cardio! Anyway, with the recent snow my Wednesday morning commute from home to daycare and then to work took 2.5 hours. I like to think I have a ton more patience since having children but snowy roads have a good way of sucking that dry. Here's to a calm and relaxing weekend with lots of melting!


1 comment:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS