I don't know about any of you, but I just can't seem to get enough of Fall! I am obsessed with all things apple, pumpkin, and spicy. The weather here in Iowa has been perfect these last few weeks; chilly in the morning and evening (perfect for sweatshirts) but still nice and warm in the afternoon.
It's that time of year when we have the most family traditions. One of them is to attend an apple orchard to pick our own apples and another is to make a trip to the pumpkin patch. Unfortunately, our family orchard and favorite pumpkin patch (Vala's) are back in Nebraska so we will be continuing these traditions at new locations this year. For those of you in the area, what do you recommend? Where is the best place for picking apples and the most perfect pumpkin patch for kiddo fun?
We will definitely be doing these events soon as I am very eager to have some pumpkins around the house. However, I will admit that we do have two little decorative ones already from the amazing Des Moines farmer's market. Miss Tess needed to have one in her room as well as one downstairs on the fireplace. She is as obsessed with them as I am and literally carried one of them with her for an entire day. Some kids have toys, mine has a pumpkin.
Another exciting part of this season is the food! I don't know about any of you, but I get the desire to bake and bake and bake when the weather turns crisp. Wait, did I say crisp? Apple crisp anyone? Do any of you have favorite "Fall" recipes that you could share?








No comments:
Post a Comment