Friday, August 28, 2015

5 on Friday

1.  Fall Temps
The weather here in Iowa has been ah-mazing this week!  I spent every minute I could outside with the kiddos, soaking up these Fall-like temperatures.  Rumor has it the warm summer days are coming back next week but I sure appreciated these cooler nights. 
It is so nice to be able to have the windows open and let the fresh air blow through.  (In my mind it takes all the yucky germs and dust with it too).   I even took time to sit outside with Mr. Brady early one morning.  He enjoyed his “coffee” and I enjoyed mine with the Pumpkin Spice creamer. 

Here’s to a couple more weeks of wonderful warm temps to enjoy some last minute pool time and boat time.  But come September 8th I am ready for fall!
2.  Football

Fantasy football drafts have begun (not that I participate), preseason games are on TV, so it’s only a matter of time before football season starts.  I may not understand 100% of the game, I may not know many (ok, probably only 5) players, but I absolutely love the excitement everyone has about the beginning of the football season.  I love to host parties, I love making treats, I love dressing up to support your team; you know, all the girlie stuff about the game. ;)  I am on the hunt for some new college football gear for the kids since they’ve both outgrown their clothes from last year and a new Cowboys shirt for me.  Here’s to a good season so that I don’t have a grouchy husband. ;)
 
3.  Low Grade Fevers
I Think He's Doing Better Since He Kept Racing To Mow The Neighbor's Yard - And I Promise I Do Brush My Children's Hair ;)
Twice over the last week and a half, I have had to leave work early to pick up little man from daycare.  Both times he was running a low grade fever.  Because of Brady’s kidney issues, we have to take these fevers a bit more serious.  Per his specialists, any low grade fever requires us to bring him in for a urine sample.  We have become a bit more conservative so if there is a visible running nose or other symptom accompanying the fever, then we tend to hold off on putting him through a doctor’s visit.  This time around Brady didn’t have any symptoms and thus we spent Tuesday morning at the clinic.  Brady was tested for strep throat, a UTI/kidney infection, and they took blood work.  Luckily the strep test came back negative as well as the urine.  B’s blood work masked that of a viral infection, which he lovingly passed on to mommy…stinker!
 
4.  Vegetable Tool
One item I would like to tackle on my list this weekend, is to purchase a veggie spiralizer/cutter.  We substitute zucchini and spaghetti squash so much in our house that I think it’s time to invest in one.  Does anyone out there have a gadget they recommend?  I have heard great this about the one I featured above.  I can’t wait to try out some new recipes I’ve been hoarding on my Pinterest once I have one.
 5.  I Can’t Play Adult Today
Mr. Burns will be working five out of the seven days this week, ending on Sunday.  It always seems like this happens on the most inconvenient of times.  As I mentioned above, little man was sick which required me to leave work early.  I spent my fair share of nights up with him which is always draining.  To top it off, I have the darn virus myself.  I was up at 3am with B last night, only to find my alarm going off right when I fell back asleep.  I got up, and with my eyes still almost shut, I found my way downstairs to make some coffee and pack my lunch.  I stumbled back upstairs and crawled under my blankets in bed with my warm cup of joe.  As I sat there, all I could think was how in the hell am I going to make today happen.  I hadn’t slept through the night yet this week, I feel like crap, I look like crap, but in a matter of minutes I need to make myself look presentable, make my commute to downtown, and have the right frame of mind to have my A-game on for four procedures today.  Shit.  Literally, that was all I could say.  Now, I am being blatantly honest; I wanted to throw in the towel.  I wanted more than anything to call in sick to work.  The fact of the matter is, I’m an adult and sometimes you have to suck it up and make it happen, but I’m one tired and feisty momma.  I typically never wish time away, but come on Monday where our schedule can be more normal.  So, as you can imagine we have no plans this weekend but to purchase #4.  I feel like some good relax time is in order for us all!  Now let’s get through this day!

2 comments:

  1. love that veggie cutter, i need one stat! happy friday! we all have one of those days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to get a spiralizer for a long time now. I read on another blog that the Paderno spiralizer is a good one.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS